Mentaiko/Tarako Spaghetti Pasta
Mentaiko/ Tarako Spaghetti is a pasta recipe made with Cod fish eggs. It is Creamy and Spicy! It is one of popular Japanese original pasta recipe and one of my absolute favorite! You can also use Tarako which is without hot sauce (like kimchi). The cooking method is same. I made this time only to serve one person. Tarako or Mentaiko are served in a number of ways: Plain (usually for breakfast),As a filling for onigiri,As a pasta sauce (usually with nori).
1 sack Tarako (cod egg)
2/3 cup Heavy whipping cream
2/3 cup Milk
1 clove Garlic
Pinch Salt and Papper
2/3 cup Parmazan Cheese
1 tsp Butter
2tbs Dashi (Japanese bullion) Soba soup
1. Cut Tarako and scrape the eggs from sack.
2. Extra virgin Olive Oil and crushed garlic in the pan and heat up. Do not burn it, this way oil will have garlicflavor. Also be careful when you put tarako in the frying pan. Immidiately they it satrts popping and oil may spread. Ready for lid so if it started like that put lid on.
3. Put Tarako in the pan (be careful, tarako start popping) and Heavy whipping cream, milk, salt papper, parmesan cheese, butter and soba soup in the pan and heat up until cheese melt in to the souce.
4. Cook spaghetti pasta in the other pan. When you cook spaghetti, do not over cook. You should cook almost done. If you bite the noodle, you can feel the core and see the core inside.
5. Put cooked spagetti noodle in the souce and mix it. If sauce is too thick put a little bit of water from cooked noodle pot.
6. Put more salt if you need it.
7.Put Shiso (Japanese basil) or Nori (sea weed) or italian basil on top.